May 02, 2017
January 26, 2017
December 28, 2016
December 14, 2016
November 11, 2016
October 31, 2016
September 28, 2016
Forget those bowl-cut wisps you wore way back when! Today's bangs are downright stylish! Below, some of our favorite options:
Piece-y or razor-cut bangs
Multi-layered, with the longest strands hitting midway down your forehead.
Good For: Symmetrical faces and petite features.
Extend about an inch above the bride of the nose and angle down the sides of your face.
Good For: Most face shapes and hair types.
span the width of your face, from temple to temple.
Good For: People who are confident about revealing plenty of profile.
These should dangle right below your eyebrows.
Good For: Long foreheads or noses; this length shortens your features.
March 19, 2009
- A healthy person can drink up to 3 gallons (that's 48 8oz. glasses) of water per day! But consuming large amounts of water in a short amount of time (especially during strenuous exercise) can lead to water intoxication. We recommend sticking to the old adage of eight, 8oz. glasses per day.
- Water boosts energy, aids in stabilizing and increasing your metabolism, and can definitely help with mid-day fatigue. Grab a glass in the afternoon, just before you usually hit your energy down-slope, and feel the difference!
- Water is what makes your favorite moisturizer work wonders! Water is the most vital element when it comes to skincare. Without it, the skin rejuvenation process would cease, cellular formation would significantly slow, and your figure would begin to look like a dried up Swamp Thing! Topical moisturizing is still recommended (we like Dermelect Cosmeceuticals Rapid Repair Facial Moisturizer), but coupling it with a tall glass of healthy H2O will guarantee its effectiveness.
- Tap water is just as good as bottled water! Bottled water is purified tap water, nothing more, nothing less. According to the Natural Resources Defense Council, “An estimated 75 percent or more of bottled water is really just tap water in a bottle—sometimes further treated, sometimes not.” With this kind of research, Beauty of a Site recommends sticking to the tap and finding a cute, reusable water bottle to compliment your lifestyle. We recommend the eco-chic Principessa Aluminum Water Bottle - it beats anything plastic and proceeds from its sales are donated to breast cancer research (awesome karmic bonus!).
- Water is the only substance on earth that transcends all three states of physical matter - gas, liquid, and solid. That's mind blowing....but wait, the human brain is two-thirds water! 'Nough said!
March 03, 2009
- Open the blinds before I go to bed. This way I will wake up to natural light and fight those vampire-ish tendencies to avoid the day.
- Participate in laughter yoga once a day. Check out www.laughteryoga.org for daily laughter yoga videos. (This is way more fun that you might think!)
- Drink hot non-caffeinated tea - warmth + herbs = bliss! Try Tea Forte White Ginger Pear Loose Leaf Tea or check out all our Tea Forte tea products here.
- Say goodbye to chocolate and hello to sweet breads. Carbs can help increase levels of serotonin in your body and generally amplify your mental capacity – making you feel smarter and happier!
- No more napping. Naps are a good way to kill a snowy day but often leave you more lethargic than when you started. Skip your nap and start your spring cleaning early – the light exercise of simple cleaning will give you the energy boost you’ve been looking for.