Kick off your Labor Day sales shopping with this awesome coupon from Beauty of a Site! Take 15% off ANYTHING in the store from today through Labor Day- Monday, September 5th! Enter the coupon code below (LABOR11) at checkout to claim your discount!
Not sure what to spend it on? With such a great discount, Labor Day Weekend is the perfect time to pamper yourself with some of our super luxurious products!
1. Choose Amika hair products for a nourishing blend of essential oils, including sea buckthorn berry oil (a favorite of Dr. Oz!) and argan oil (the main ingredient in the ever-popular Moroccan Oil range). These replenishing products are packed into Amika's nourishing hair mask, designed to reinfuse your hair with moisture that makes it stronger and shinier - even guarding against split ends!
2. Soothe skin with Principessa's decadent Dolce Dreams Whipped Body Lotion. Lavish and moisturizing, this shea-butter based lotion have a velvety finish sensationally silky, healthy skin. Plus it smells delicious: top notes of peach and vanilla flower, middle notes of night blooming jasmine and ylang ylang and bottom notes of sandalwood and warm amber
3. Treat yourself AND help a great cause: Get ready for October! Support Breast Cancer Awareness month by purchasing select haircare and cosmetic products that support great cancer research. A lot of our favorite brands donate huge amounts to these great organizations based on the products that you purchase!
As we're running around finishing up our perfect New Year's Eve look for tonight (nothing like shopping at the office!), we thought you might enjoy hearing about what we used to get the look! We loved sparkly pinks, silvers and dark matte greys to build the perfect New Year's Eve glam!
For Nails: From the OPI Burlesque Holiday Collection, we chose Sparkle-icious. One of the six glitters (not shimmers, but glitters), this shade is multi colored (that's right... it matches everything) and adds just the right glitz to our get up.
For Skin: To get the perfect pink glow, we skipped bronzer and used classic pink blush (Bed Head has a perfect selection), coupled with all over shimmer powder. We concentrated the shimmer along cheek bones and even under the brow line for maximum impact. We got the best results using Bed Head's Shake It Loose Powder in Shimmer.
For Eyes: Natural mineral shadow, like the Orglamix Pure Mineral Eye Color adds the perfect natural sheen, while being easily blended and applied for intricate looks. We thought the Twilight eye color kit was absolutely perfect, because it used the playful pink we love with darker grey tones and white highlights.
* Pro Tip: Use the eye color kit picture on the website as a guide to blending and applying the three shades.
For Lips: Shimmering natural lips seemed perfect for the occasion, so we chose DuWop's Lip Venom to gloss and accentuate our natural lip color to the perfect kissable pink. DuWop's Pink Shimmer Lip Venom gave us both the perfect pink tint and subtle sparkle that was essential for our NYE theme.
* Pro Tip: Never accentuate both eyes and lips on one night. If your eyes are dark and dramatic, let naturally toned lips do the kissing. Or, if you're sporting bright red lip stick, keep the eyes simple. Choose where you want the focus to stay!
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and Beauty of a Site is inviting you to join the fight by making one simple decision: shop pink! Some of our favorite brands have made their best selling products (that you already love!) available in pink versions to raise money for major breast cancer research and support organizations. The more we buy, the more money is raised for the cause!
Click here to browse all of the products that you can purchase to raise money for breast cancer! Here are some of our favorites:
1. China Glaze Fight Like a Woman Nail Polish Collection: Featuring three dazzling pinks to both raise awareness and support the cause, this new collection features Empowerment (cotton-candy creme), Encouragement (pink shimmer) and Endurance (raspberry shimmer). Available for a limited time only, order today!
2. Woody's Real Men Wear Pink Daily Grooming Kit: The perfect way for a guy to join the fight! Featuring the pinkest boxers we could find, as well as a Woody's Daily Shampoo and Woody's Mega Firm Gel to help you rock your boxers in style! It's like they say- it takes a real man to wear pink.
3. Tigi Bed Head Masterpiece "Pink" Shine Hairspray: One of our favorite "keep-it-right-there" hairsprays, Bed Head Masterpiece helps you capture your creativity and keep it where it needs to be, all day long. Bright pink and in support of the City of Hope, Masterpiece is perfect for October and any time.
Freshen up your cosmetics bag with bright new colors for the summer season. We've seen marigold yellows and chartreuses and limes in our nail polish palettes, and a with little skill, those same colors can be used with makeup to create a truly unique and beautiful look. Here are our tips for this light and summery look:
1. Shiney Pink Lips: Drawing together all these bright colors is a classic, cool pink lip gloss. Almost any shade of pink will do, but our very favorite for the job is DuWop's Pink Shimmer Lip Venom. The plump lips will draw attention to your traditional feminine curves in offset of your non-traditional color scheme.
2. Yellow / Lime Eyes: As strange as it may sound, especially girls with dark hair can beautifully sport these bright summer colors. Apply lightly all over lid and under eyebrows, adding sparkly white at the inside corner of your eye. We suggest Bed Head's Cyberoptics Eyeshadow in Lime.
3. Pink Cheeks: Set aside your orange-y bronzer for this colorful look. Choose a classic pink to match your gloss! The Orglamix Pure Mineral Blush has the perfect consistency and shimmer for this light and airy summery pink. We think the Pink Pepper color would be perfect.
4. Flawless Complexion: To keep attention on the vibrant colors, a flawless complexion is absolutely necessary for a carefree summer. Find a light-reflecting, moisture rich tinted moisturizer that will even out your complexion without the added weight of thick foundation. Our very favorite tinted moisturizer is Urban Apothecary's Supernatural Mineral Sheer Tint. It's soft weight and beautiful luminosity is perfect for summer.