Unsightly, persistent and downright annoying, blackheads are a serious killjoy. Blackheads are just like any other pimples, except that they form in wide open pores and remain uncovered. Touching the air turns the pimples black, and helps them pop out for the world to see. So starting right now, we make it stop. Here are six quick steps to help you stay blackhead free!
1. CLEANSE: Keep your skin clean! Choose an acne cleanser with either benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid to fight oily build-ups. A routine is key- don't let the grime creep up on you! We suggest something like Dermastage's Acne Cleanser
2. TONE: Choose an alcohol-free facial toner to balance the ph-level of your skin. Toners are designed to keep your skin healthy, allowing for ultimate moisture absorption and shrinking pores. We suggest Alba Botanica's Sea Kelp Facial Toner
, full of certified organic and extremely powerful ingredients. Perfect!
3. SPOT TREAT: When and if pimples sneak through your defense, treat them right away! Choose an acne gel or acid treatment very much like Dermastage's Acne Relief Gel
to dry up the pimple as quickly as possible!
4. MOISTURIZE: The key to avoiding blackheads taking over your face is constant exfoliation. To offset this scrubbing, however, healthy skin needs moisture to keep proper levels of elasticity. Moisturizing before exfoliating is key. Exfoliating opens up pores and clears them out, and even though moisturizer is excellent for your face, leaving pores clear after exfoliating is a much better idea. So let your face soak up some moisture before you scrub! Try a super energizing moisturizer like Cor Silver's Anytime Moisturizer
5. EXFOLIATE: At least twice a week, scrub your skin and exfoliate dead skin cells. Especially during the dry season, dead skin cells build up on the surface of your face and create blockages. Keep your pores clear and open with a simple scrub, like Juara's Rice Facial Scrub
6. MASK: Once a week, polish off your skincare routine with a clarifying mask that not only removes built up deposits but also includes a chemical exfoliant to eat up tough-to-clear build up. Our new favorite mask is The Holy Mud Company's Pumpkin Glycolic Mask
Work these steps into your routine and watch black heads disappear!
Leave a comment