We spend emmense amounts of time- and product- trying to keep our styles under control when humidity gets the best of us. We- the Beauty of a Site Staff- find ourselves in the middle of Illinois, where humidity reigns from May to August, plotting to ruin our styles for 4 long months. But thanks to Rodney Cutler, Cutler Hair Care creator and celebrity runway stylist, we've tripped across one of our favorite humidity proof styles yet:
To get this trendy twist on a classic French twist, follow Rodney Cutler's advice below:
- Prep hair with Cutler Volumizing Spray from roots to ends & rough dry, focusing on directing the hair up to create volume at the crown.
- Using a tail comb, create a deep side part.
- Back comb all of the hair behind the ears to create volume at the crown and emphasize the head shape.
- Secure the hair into a low side ponytail on the same side as the side part allowing for a loose/messy texture throughout the crown and a bit smoothing around the edges.
- Using either elastic string or a thin ribbon, fold the hair of the ponytail back and forth into itself to create the "bun/chignon" shape.
We love this look! Give it a shot and let us know if you like it! We'd LOVE to see pics!
Leave a comment