Laugh and the world laughs with you. Snore and you sleep alone. ~Anthony Burgess
As we sleep our body is at its most productive - repairing cells, improving memory and concentration, fighting free radicals and infections - to name a few. Sleep helps us keep both our minds and bodies healthy, happy, and in good working order.
When we fail to get enough sleep, our bodies react and it's usually written all over our faces! From bagging eyes and breakouts to wrinkles and bad habits, sleep deprivation can override any amount of cosmetics and leave you looking and feeling a mess. Tissues and cells undergo an uber important restoration process while we sleep; our skin, nails, hair, and muscles restore and rejuvenate leaving us looking and feeling fresh. Without proper sleep habits you'll end up looking and feeling older than you should - ugh!
Want to catch more zzz's but having trouble? Try a few of these techniques:
- Make sure you have a good pillow! Neck and head support will keep you from waking with cramps and pains throughout the night and in the morning.
- Avoid eating at least two hours before bed. Sugars and carbs will spark your metabolism and your mind! If you can't fight the craving, eat a banana - they have natural sleep aids.
- Exercise in the morning, afternoon or evening. Do not exercise before bed!
- Take a warm bath or shower before you lay down. Try some Deep Steep Bubble Bath in Lavender and Chamomile. Lavender scents are known for their sleep inducing properties.
- Meditation, calm music and aromatherapy candles can do wonders! Check out our Aloha Bay Chakra Jars in Lotus or Sahasrara.
- Avoid alcohol, smoking or any other vice that might stimulate your senses and keep you up at night.
- Set a routine before bed. Try some Earth Therapeutics Moisturizing Foot Socks or Dermastage Hydrating Night Creme to feel a little pampered and have great feet and skin when you wake up!
Leave a comment