Jennifer Lopez was born in The Bronx, New York on the 24th of July, 1970. The daughter of Puerto Rican parents, Jennifer and her siblings were often encouraged as children to put on little performances in the front room of their apartment to keep themselves entertained. They often did salsa and merengue, having watched these dances in West Side Story over 100 times! The musical inspired her to begin singing and dancing lessons at the age of five and she would continue them all the way through high school. At the age of 16, she won her first acting role in a movie, and although it didn't kick-start her career, it gave her a taste of showbiz and she immediately knew she liked it. After high school, she decided to pursue this type of career instead of furthering her education, which led to a disagreement with her mother, so she moved out and began sleeping at the school where she earned a dance scholarship. After a year and a half of auditioning with no breakthrough, J.Lo finally got her chance when she was accepted to be a Flygirl on the TV show In Living Color, which she did for two years before leaving the show in 1993. She also danced in several music videos but was still waiting for her acting career to take off. It slowing began to gain momentum as she had roles in the slightly popular films My Family, Money Train and Jack, but her big breakthrough came when she starred as the slain pop star in Selena in 1997. It was this role that made Jennifer realize how much she loved performing on stage for large audiences and now that she was well-known, it was easy for her to earn a recording contract with Sony. She continued to make movies such as Anaconda, U-Turn, Out of Sight, The Wedding Planner, The Cell, Angel Eyes, Enough, Maid in Manhattan, Shall We Dance and Monster-in-Law and she released her debut album in 1999. Her album sold millions of copies and catapulted her into the spotlight. She even got to create her own clothing, cosmetics and fragrance lines! Although she had several high-profile and failed relationships to stars like P. Diddy and Ben Affleck, she finally found true love in singer Marc Anthony (the two married in a secret ceremony in 2004). J.Lo has since had multiple wildly popular albums but stayed out of the spotlight for a while after giving birth to twins in February, 2008. While she was pregnant, JLo was writing material for her seventh album which released in the summer of 2010. She also joined the American Idol team in 2011. Sadly, JLo and hubby Marc Anthony split days before her forty-second birthday. Anthony later filed for divorce on April 9, 2012. Jennifer has a couple upcoming films for the first time in several years. What to Expect When You're Expecting is set to release on May 11, which is sure to be a hit. She also is doing a voice over for Ice Age: Continental Drift. She has also shot scenes in the upcoming Parker, which is set to release in 2013. Ms. Lopez also has a big heart, working with Amnesty International to raise awareness about Mexican femicide and also making a huge donation to help victims of Hurricane Katrina.
- Start off using Tigi High Density Eyeshadow Split Shades in Flawless. Apply the mauve tone to you eye lid. Then, take the purple sparkle and blend it into the crease of your eye and up towards your brow bone. Apply a small amount under your eye.
- Using Tigi Black Patent Liquid Eyeliner, line the top lash line generously.
- Apply Tigi Eyes Love It Mascara generously on the top and bottom lashes.
- Use Tigi Perfect Eyeliner in Brown on lightly on your lower lash line, smudging it.
- Fill in your brows with short, quick swipes of a brow liner. We suggest using Tig Brow Defining Pencil in Brunette.
- Start with Terax Miele Shampoo to gently cleanse dry and chemically processed hair and follow with Terax Crema Conditioner, an intense moisturizer designed to heal and restore split ends, breakage and dryness associated with chemical treatments and environmental damage.
- Apply Phyto Phytodefrisant Straightening Balm to reduce frizz associated with blow drying. Use a large-barrel curling iron to create a few loose curls around the face.
- Apply Tigi Decadent Lipstick in Finesse.
- To add a bit of shine, use Tigi Luxe Lipgloss in Dumb Blonde.