How to apply eye makeup.
Eyes are said to be the window to the soul, but more importantly, they are the first thing most people notice when the look at you. Make the most of your eyes with these helpful hints.
- Begin by applying an eye base. This improves the adherence and appearance of eye makeup. It's key to maintain long-lasting shadow.
- Apply eye shadow. Eye shadow comes in many formats: powder (pressed or loose), crayon, gloss or cream. The choice is up to you! Pressed shadows are a classic favorite. The 'look-of-the-moment' is a glossy eye. So, eye gloss is very popular right now.
- To obtain a more dramatic look place a dot of a darker shade in the middle of the eyelid and smooth out.
- Highlight makeup by using a pastel color on the underbrow.
- Lightly blend the colors with an applicator or fingertips. For ease of application, we suggest a crease brush.
- Define the eye contour with a liner (either cake or pencil), by drawing a fine line close to the lashes to underline the eye. If you prefer, draw the fine line in the interior of the lids for a larger look, or draw a fine line on the upper eyelid. It's much easier to use a cake eyeliner. Just drag the brush across your lid and 'connect the dots'. A Taklon Flat Liner is a must for this step.
- Brush lashes before applying mascara.
- Choose a shade of mascara to harmonize with your makeup. Apply two coats to thicken and lengthen lashes.
- For a sophisticated touch, apply a more vivid color to the tips of the eyelashes. For example, coordinate Black with violet.
- Choose a color that complements your eyes and enhances their color and form.