a smooth shave
Bathing suit season is here, so if you are heading to the sun and surf, follow these simple instructions for a smooth shave. Shaving the bikini area can be tricky but with a little know how, you can master it!
- Change the blade in your razor. Your shaving blade needs to be very sharp.
- If this is your first time shaving this area, trim hairs before you begin. Be careful!
- Lather the area with a good quality shaving cream. Our Favorite: Alba Botanica Moisturizing Shave Cream.
- Shave in the direction of the hair growth first. Rinse.
- Reapply shave gel. Shave lightly across or in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
- Rinse. Repeat step until you have the area relatively smooth.
- Now to prevent ingrown hairs, use a light, exfoliating body scrub (one that is not oil based).
- Using an electric razor, go over the area to pick up anything your razor may have missed.
- Smooth on some No Bump skin treatment to help prevent ingrown hair, bumps, razor burn and redness and you're good to go!
Tips: Soap and water might work for washing your hands, but for shaving - definitely not. Using a dull blade will not give you a clean shave and can contribute to razor burn. Let the shaving cream sit for at least three minutes to soften the hair.